- Sept. 1998
The theory of concept browsing is developed in research papers.
Sept. 1998 - Jan. 1999
Initial design discussions around concept browser implementations.
Jan. 1999 - June 1999
Conzilla 0.2 was developed, which forms the Master degree project Conzilla - Towards a Concept Browser. Features:
* Simple surfing * Only run as applet (=> frequent crashes due to buggy Netscape Java support) * Map-sets for context switching * Aspect-sets for sorting of content into aspects and presentations. * Concepts included detailed maps, content and all associations, as well as a pre-sorted set of content.
Editing was done using a text-editor to edit XML files.
June 1999 - Aug. 1999
Conzilla 0.4 was developed, which was a complete rewrite of 0.2, having learned many lessons. Features:
* Graphical editor (woohoo!) * Introduction of Neurons and NeuronTypes * Standalone application (no applet support) * Resolver tables were introduced. * Error handling * Tools
Aug. 1999 - June 2000
Many updates to Conzilla 0.4, including:
* Much better editing support: o Associations follows boxes o Handles o Component editor * Libraries o Clipboard o Templates * Context menus
June 2000 - Dec. 2000
Conzilla 1.0 was prepared. Major updates include:
* Documentation in the form of The Conzilla Design - The Complete Reference. * Complete IMS meta-data support. * Language manager. * Resolver table editor. * Many architectural clean-ups. * Installer * Java Webstart support * Editor: o Grid o Handles rewrite * Filter implementation * Detailed map popups * Print support * Much improved error handling * Zoom support
Dec. 2000 - Oct. 2001
Many bugfixes and additions to Conzilla 1.0, including:
* Metadata popups * Highlights (including dependencies) * Much improved editor, supporting selections etc. * Filter updates * Internationalization * New toolbar * Color customization
Oct. 2001 - Jan. 2002
Conzilla 1.1 was prepared. Updates include
* Full modularization, and support for plug-ins. * Support different views when browsing several maps. * Protégé plug-in proof-of-concept support * Conzilla works as applet again. * Major tool rewrite. * Major update of editing support: o Support curved lines o Support drag-and-drop creation of relations * First try at an RDF backend is being developed. * Internationalization and localization.